Pages

Sunday 17 October 2010

Times gone by... Auctioned piece for GlobalGiving Charity 2010

This is the piece I wrote, to support my painting for the auction at The Crystal Summer Ball, 3rd July 2010 in Manchester, which is raising awareness of people in Nigeria with disabilitiies, who are often outcast from society.

'Like You'

"From the shadows I appear
Please do not be afraid, for I am just like you.
My lungs fill with the same air as you,
My heart beats with every second that passes, like you.
I long to be loved, like you
And dream of happiness in my future, like you.

For now I'll step back into the tenebrous gloom,
Into the darkness that consumes my waking hours
I wait for the bleakness of my future to unfold
I look into the crystal ball and cannot bear
To accept the person I will become
Sombre with exquisit anguish"   
Like You 2010  Indian Ink on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment